Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Lake Sunapee

August 11 2011 launched the boat at the state park in Newbury NH. The day was a typical summer afternoon, pretty much glass calm water.That launch is pushing it for my boat. Its actually a brook launch and in August there is not much water to float a boat off the trailer. I was alone this day. Marked a good group of fish in 25 feet of water feeding on a school of bait fish. I was trolling with small Sutton spoons on both riggers. The Mt Sunapee tour boat was making its run north from Newbury and I was timing my turn to clear its path. One of the riggers tripped off with a nice 3.5 pound salmon. My boat is now heading north along the east bank with the tour boat coming up behind a little closer to the shore than I was. As I get the fish close enough to the boat to realize just how big it was, the other rigger tripped with another salmon. By now the tour boat is along side, I have a 9' trolling rod in each hand doing my best to get my boat out of the path of the tour boat. I'm sure the state tourism dept would have appreciated what the folks on the tour boat were seeing! I lost the first salmon at the boat as I tried to get it with a rod in each hand. I did boat the second fish which was a nice 4# summer salmon. Thats Dan holding his nice four pounder we picked up on the 19th at the same place.

No comments:

Post a Comment